Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - Scary Go Round - The Movie

Page 1 of 2
   1  2  Next  Last 
My original idea for the MODO Halloween Contest 2013 was to an animation.
But there was no time for that. Now I have all the time in the world and this is my next late night project.
No deadline but I hope it will be done before Christmas/New Year.

Chuck Clayton has already composed the music and given me some great ideas.

I'm sure this will be a fun project.

First off is some kind of storyboard/animatic. Here's the logo.

Peter Eriksson www.bombim.com
Yeah Man!
I can't wait to see (and hear) the animated version!
Popcorn is popping.
Do love that logo! It's a fine piece of work in itself!

Dasch has the popcorn. Do beer go with popcorn?

This is going to be cool to watch develop!

Have fun, Peter!
Sounds interesting, i'll subscribe the topic to see how it evolves :-)
cool Peter. will be fun to see !!!
That's a nice logo.
Tutorial time:

I use Adobe Illustrator a lot when I do for example logos and other details.
Here are some screen shots with explanations on how I use Illustrator and MODO together.

TIP 1: If you want your curves to be centered in Your MODO scene when you have imported the eps from Illustrator.
In Illustrator, place your curves outside your Artboard/Document in the upper left corner. The upper left corner is 0-XYZ in MODO.

TIP 2: If the curve is 50 mm high in Illustrator it will be 50 mm high in MODO. I always try to model in true world size.

Peter Eriksson - BOMBIM - LINKEDIN - BEHANCE - VIMEO - YOUTUBE - CGSOCIETY

Message edited by Peter Eriksson on 11/8/2013 - 6:39 AM

Thanks for that, Peter!

I'll have to give that a go sometime. Very interesting.
Beautiful tips Peter! Thanks so much!
Very Cool Design I like it. Thank you for posting the tips.
I like the Render Curve methods very much and the gradient to change the radius.
Oh yes!

One to watch.
No-brainer. SUBSCRIBED.

• Martian Megalopolis, Olympus Mons, Mars
  • 11532 posts
Great!

This may be a stupid question as I have never really used illustrator before, but how do you draw those curves in illustrator to begin with?
Quote from Marinello2003 :
Great!

This may be a stupid question as I have never really used illustrator before, but how do you draw those curves in illustrator to begin with?

There are No stupid question´s :)

In Adobe Illustrator almost everything is curves but they call it Path or Bézier Curve.
When You for example have done a text logo you have to convert the text to Path before saving it as eps 8. If you don´t You can´t import it to MODO.
To draw a Path/Bézier Curve you use the Pen tool in Illustrator.
If you draw out a box, cirkel, star or draw by hand in Illustrator it is automatically a Path that You Can export and use in MODO. Not to complex but almost everything.
Quote from Marinello2003 :
Great!

In Illustrator you can create more complex shapes by merging overlapping shapes together. Just like a Boolean operation in a 3d application. Only 2d :D
Weir double post...sorry...ignore/delete/destroy.

Message edited by Gideon Klindt on 11/19/2013 - 2:33 PM

Ha- great tips Eric. I'm constantly using AI for certain things just because I'm so much more comfortable with how the curves work and have spent so much time in AI. I was using SI still mainly for it's curve to polygon conversion tools, but I am always wanting and looking for other methods so I can stay in MODO. These tips help so thanks for sharing!
Cool tips Peter! Thanks!
Cristóbal Vila - Etérea

Classic tutorial using Adobe Illustrator to build curves and polys to import to MODO.

http://etereaestudios.com/training_img/subd_tips/subd_text.htm
Quote from 3dforward :
Cristóbal Vila - Etérea

Classic tutorial using Adobe Illustrator to build curves and polys to import to MODO.

http://etereaestudios.com/training_img/subd_tips/subd_text.htm

Can't read it but I do understand what's going on. Thx a lot for the tip :)
/peter
This project is still going strong. But the progress is slow.
I´m learning MARI and NUKE at the same time.
Deadline for the animated version of the Scary Go Round is pushed forward a bit. Can´t say when.
Maybe soon. Maybee later ... Killer soundtrack by Chuck Clayton. Can´t say more right now.

• Martian Megalopolis, Olympus Mons, Mars
  • 11532 posts
Thanks for the illustrator tips!

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if Modo's text tool generated useful topology? I really wish that were the case.
Oh good! The Scary-Go-Round is still in production. This makes me happy :)
GO GO GO Peter it will be great to see your work alive! Thanx for the eps tip. It is very handy!

Windows 8 Profesional | 64GB RAM | AMD card | portfolio: www.behance.net/tomerk | twitter: TLechocinski

Cool! Glad to hear it's still in the works!

Yeah, I'll bet there's a pretty steep learning curve to Mari and Nuke.

Looking forward to it - whenever! We'll be here!

:)
Page 1 of 2
   1  2  Next  Last