Topic - 701 Boom

What else is particles for ?
looks awesome
is that animated? would love to see that,

I have been trying to do something like this........... so not happening yet.

nice job.
Quote from Brian Vowles :
is that animated? would love to see that,

I have been trying to do something like this........... so not happening yet.

nice job.

Thanks! It is animated but it doesnt really look like a good explosion when moving, but I am looking into that, mostly to learn what can be done with particles.
very nice! I've never used particles. I love it if Lux had some kind of training for this!

I am Jack's raging modo.

I'm sure plenty of particle training is well on its way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Modo 701 - Lightwave 11.6 - MARI 2.5v2 - ZBrush 4R6 - Substance Designer 4 - 3D Coat V4 - HDRLS 4.2

Looks awesome..

I would be very interested how you get on with animating this

Yep as many have said would be good if Lux had some kind of training for this :(
Thank you all, the animation bit is going slow since I have tons of questions regarding the particle system with the lack of documentation, and between in beeing easter and that only Matt Cox seems to know how the particle system works..well one small step at a time :)
Quote from Terrence Walker :
I'm sure plenty of particle training is well on its way.

You gonna make some?
It look incredible, I've spent all day and no luck with smoke effect. Maybe you could show us at least some setup screens of this great job? :-)
Quote from Rino :
It look incredible, I've spent all day and no luck with smoke effect. Maybe you could show us at least some setup screens of this great job? :-)

it's late here and I gotta get up in 5 hours, but I added atleast one screenshot.
It look really good, in static for sure. I had used particles in any software and trying learn from scratch. I even can get how you do that motion using force modifiers but I can't get at all how do you simulating exact smoke, so can we take a fast look at your volume's configuration window? I'm really curious about stuff like FX's but I assume we need to wait for some educational materials so far..
Thank you man!
the smokes affects wind direction?
(if you need a way to make things explode... take a read here)

P.S. ('Luxology Forums > modo > Workflow Specific > Particles')