Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - System 8.9

Page 1 of 2
   1  2  Next  Last 
A training project for me from concept idea design, 3d, texturing, lighting, AE, and upcoming green screen shoot and final composite. "Only stock image/texture is holo screen"

After countless of hours looking at video and reading tutorials for modo it was time to create and learn by doing it is easy to snow in at looking on tutorials and forget to create I your own stuff..

Now it is time for me to share a wip hope you enjoy it and I hope to post some more in the near future on the progress..

I´m finally starting to understand the shader tree it don't know why I have difficulties with it..

/Peter

Message edited by One Illusion on 11/19/2012 - 1:50 AM

Hail!

It is looking really good, the hologram screen is top notch. I understand doing all that to learn a program. The shader tree is a learning curve like Zbrushes UI.
Quote from asguardviking :
Hail!

It is looking really good, the hologram screen is top notch. I understand doing all that to learn a program. The shader tree is a learning curve like Zbrushes UI.

Haha thanks just the holo screen design is the only thing I can't take credit for it is a stock image I had but some day a will do a cool UI as well when it's time to bash my head in AE for real :)
any pro criticism/tips + or - all is good :)

/P
Hi there!

I think you have done something right since it does look like part from clean space station :)

Not sure is it table or some sort of control device below holo, but what if you could flip that so viewer can see all buttons and what ever there might be. Right now it's something middle of space and not clear what is that purpose. Also at least for me it was difficult to realise holo is NOT further away from the table, but actually it's closer camera. Maybe I'm wrong, but image needs some sort of reason I think?

Have you added noise effect or is it render issue? Anyway to me image looks good, but that table put me wonder what's going on! :)
Thanks for the input I will take this with me when I continue my design :)

//Peter
Nothing to much just a lite update, redesigned the console..

• Martian Megalopolis, Olympus Mons, Mars
  • 11534 posts
Very nice!

I am seeing a lot of color noise in the render. Is that intentional?
Quote from Marinello2003 :
Very nice!

I am seeing a lot of color noise in the render. Is that intentional?

Thanks
Jupp but I think I will tone it down a bit in next post fix.
Hi all time for an update, finally I had some time to finish my image.

Hope you enjoy it I had a blast doing this I learned so much on this project.

Super thanks to Robin the model and her sister for the awesome makeup..

//Peter
Super, super COOL! Thanks for sharing the shots from the photo shoot. Great stuff.
awesome. Love it!
//Peter
Wow, nice looking. Can you describe your basic lighting setup? I have a personal project with a similar interior sciFi environment.
Quote from adrencg :
Wow, nice looking. Can you describe your basic lighting setup? I have a personal project with a similar interior sciFi environment.

in modo ?
Great job! Perfect blending photo - 3D. And i loved the grains.

question what is "+1 signal"
Bit late to the party...

I like the image but I think you could push it further. To me the holo-interface doesn't read strongly enough as belonging to the projection 'table', it seems more like a reflection in a glass pane between the viewer and the scene. Perhaps there could be more variation and falloff in the intensity of the projected elements to better locate the effect in the space - and a concentration on the dynamic result on the UI of her making that particular gesture.

Mark

Quote from Mark The Indolent :
Bit late to the party...

I like the image but I think you could push it further. To me the holo-interface doesn't read strongly enough as belonging to the projection 'table', it seems more like a reflection in a glass pane between the viewer and the scene. Perhaps there could be more variation and falloff in the intensity of the projected elements to better locate the effect in the space - and a concentration on the dynamic result on the UI of her making that particular gesture.

Mark

Thanks for the input :)
Will look in to it this is my first comp ever so hopefully it will only get better :)
Yes, awesome!!

Like a still from any great sci/fi movie.
Thanks all for the nice comments :)

Still what is Signal function for?

//Peter
Yeah, what does the signal thing mean?
re: Signal button

Just so you can indicate that you found a post particularly interesting, entertaining and/or helpful. It's a way of drawing other people's attention.

There used to be a corresponding Noise button for the opposite kind of post... but it got abused...

Mark
ahhh nice

Thanks!
Hi

Have tweaked my image some more increased opacity on holo added chromatic aberration and added background light spill around edges on model.

Please write what you think.

//Peter
Page 1 of 2
   1  2  Next  Last