Notice: Purchasing, Trials and Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know: Part II >>

Topic - Children's book Illustration Style Comps

Page 1 of 2
   1  2  Next  Last 
I've started work on Illustrating a Children's book with my good friend John Nedwidek (Author of the popular book - Ducks Don't Wear Socks). He has written the book and we are collaborating on Design and Illustration.
Looking great Dale! Now back to work!
Quote from jned :

Yeah, yeah. Nag, nag, nag… =)
Oh really nice, Dale.

I'm getting a real kick out of seeing 3D work in illustration.

Love to see more if it's allowed.
The variety of work here is dazzling.

Chris Burkert-facebook.com/mhy3d

Thanks guys!
Hey Roger. I'm glad I can share some of this work. I know that once we get to actual illustrations I'll have to keep them under wraps until publication details are worked out.
Totally agree, stop slacking off and get to it

we Want to see more more more

keep up the great work Dale!

Quote from jned :
Quote from Paul B. :
Totally agree, stop slacking off and get to it

we Want to see more more more

keep up the great work Dale!

Haha! Hopefully I'll have more of this to show soon, Paul.
Today I was finishing up the plans for the Dog Shaped Bike Rack.
Dog Shaped Bike Rack
Tomorrow I print out a full-size template for the fabricator.
This weekend I built models of grilled cheese sandwiches for this project. I have just used a quickly applied photographic texture to my UV mapped 'bread' meshes for these tests. I took this opportunity to see how well the meshes would replicate.

Going through the forum during lunch break I find your sandwiches a real treat:)
Great work as usual!
Replicators are just amazing, I am using them more and more.

Georg
Quote from Kraaltje :
Going through the forum during lunch break I find your sandwiches a real treat:)
Great work as usual!
Replicators are just amazing, I am using them more and more.

Georg

Thanks Georg! Glad you like em! We may not go with the photographic texture in the end, but it does make them look yummy!
Awesome,

I like that it has a photographic texture, but has the cartoony cheese, great mix, A grilled cheese is so distinct, there is no way to look at this and not knwo what it is..

Love it.
Quote from Brian Vowles :
Awesome,

I like that it has a photographic texture, but has the cartoony cheese, great mix, A grilled cheese is so distinct, there is no way to look at this and not knwo what it is..

Love it.

Thanks SO much, Brian! The grilled cheese sandwiches were a lot of fun to make. I could almost smell em while I was texturing them!
Wow. Those sandwiches do invoke the appetite. I also like the photographic texture on them. It gives the overall picture a great look. Also you know exactly what it is at first glance.

Wow. Those sandwiches do invoke the appetite. I also like the photographic texture on them. It gives the overall picture a great look. Also you know exactly what it is at first glance.

Thanks Terrence. it' so good to read that others find the toast models so appealing. A lot of credit for that goes to John who took the photo of a grilled cheese sandwich that I'm using on the textures. It's a good yummy pic of toast.

The attached image shows how the photographic texture works along with the more cartoony elements.
I'm seriously hungry for a grilled cheese now, so thanks for that. :p

Seriously, I am! It looks great. Excellent work.

Modo|3D-Coat

My Video Tutorials:
shop.javisjones.com
community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/training/product-package/model/

Hi Dale! Wow just wow! Your style is great. Very nice and worm images and yummy too. Congratulations.

Windows 8 Profesional | 64GB RAM | AMD card | portfolio: www.behance.net/tomerk | twitter: TLechocinski

Thx guys.

I have grilled cheese for lunch just about every day, so I'm pretty good at getting that "just right" browning. The secret might be in the local whole wheat bread with a touch of honey in the recipe :)

I made lunch, shot the sandwiches, ate, then I fiddled with the original images in Photoshop and gave Dale a few to choose from and he did his usual magic. We're discussing different ways to "make" the sandwiches – stay tuned!

Message edited by jned on 3/28/2013 - 2:20 AM

Thanks guys! and Thanks John, for the great grilled cheese photos. Now just wait til Modo 801 comes out with it's Real-World Scent Tools pipeline!
Cheese Grummit!

Looking good Dale. Perhaps we need a procedural cheese texture? On the other hand illustrations with added photographic textures do produce some very fresh and surprising results. As in not quite sure if you'r elooking at a photograph or an illustration. Especially in animations with photographic textured heads. Ah, and the mad queen in Alice in wonderland.

Philip
Quote from jned :
Thx guys.

I have grilled cheese for lunch just about every day, so I'm pretty good at getting that "just right" browning. The secret might be in the local whole wheat bread with a touch of honey in the recipe :)

I made lunch, shot the sandwiches, ate, then I fiddled with the original images in Photoshop and gave Dale a few to choose from and he did his usual magic. We're discussing different ways to "make" the sandwiches – stay tuned!

Very delicious sounding. Will you by chance be supplying your recipe ? ;)

Modo|3D-Coat

My Video Tutorials:
shop.javisjones.com
community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/training/product-package/model/

Great style! Looks really fun.
Excellent job!

http://mymodo.ru
http://modostore.com

Thanks so much guys!
There will be a lot more to come in this thread over the next few months.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Now I am hungry.

You suck, Dale. :P

Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn!

Page 1 of 2
   1  2  Next  Last