Notice: Purchasing, Trials and Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know: Part II >>

Topic - De Lorean

Got problems with the noise on the front hud, Motion Blur on the wheels and really strange distortions in the windows. Any suggestions?

Message edited by 42lux on 3/25/2013 - 10:30 PM

Quote from 42lux :
Got problems with the noise on the front hud, Motion Blur on the wheels and really strange distortions in the windows. Any suggestions?

Give the glass its own shader (the white ball) and turn off caustics and visible to indirect rays shouldn't look to diferent but will render clean and super fast..

As for the rest you just need more samples so reduce your shading rate in the shader (the white ball) and make sure your AA limit is high enough so it doesn't cap the extra sampling..
Do you have 701? If you're only doing a still, you could just run an overnight render with Preview. A shot like this should clean up quite well.

Beautiful shaders, lighting, and comp btw. Although I appreciate De Lorean's for their geeky value, I never really liked the style of them, but this shot looks great.

Message edited by Andrew Helmer on 3/26/2013 - 12:46 PM

Quote from Andrew Helmer :
Beautiful shaders, lighting, and comp btw. Although I appreciate De Lorean's for their geeky value, I never really liked the style of them, but this shot looks great.

A car that looked way cooler than it was.
updated with cleaner version.. ramping up the shadingrate fixed it.

• Martian Megalopolis, Olympus Mons, Mars
  • 11617 posts
Thankfully my flux capacitor is functioning properly!

Nice render!
Quote from Andrew Helmer :
Do you have 701? If you're only doing a still, you could just run an overnight render with Preview. A shot like this should clean up quite well.

Interesting, Andrew. Does that mean I would get higher render quality using Preview than I would with a standard render? Is it really Maxwell-style refinement that just keeps going and going?

I figured it would keep refining until it matched the quality of an F9 render.

Do Preview renders allow for passes, or just Beauty?

J
Quote from J Walton :

Interesting, Andrew. Does that mean I would get higher render quality using Preview than I would with a standard render? Is it really Maxwell-style refinement that just keeps going and going?

I figured it would keep refining until it matched the quality of an F9 render.

Do Preview renders allow for passes, or just Beauty?

J

Yes, it will exceed the quality of the standard render, if given enough time. It pretty much just keeps going and going - it's technically limited to 16384 AA samples, but that's not much of a limitation :).

You can only do one pass and output at a time, but you can do any pass and output. For single beauty shots, it's a much simpler way to work than tweaking settings. If you need to do comping or serious post-work, F9 (offline) rendering is still the way to go.

Message edited by Andrew Helmer on 4/1/2013 - 7:18 PM

Hmmm great looking model.. just one crit: where is the plutonium intake?