Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - Sand Material

Page 1 of 3
   1  2  3  Next  Last 

• BRAZIL / São Paulo
  • 766 posts
Hi guys!!!
I made this personal test to create a sand material using replicator and sand image map to get the grains effect.
This look very convincing man. Well done

--
Win7 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/12GB RAM/GTX 670 2GB (337.88)/2x1920x1200/Wacom Intuos4 M
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

I think you posted this in the wrong gallery. This gallery is for 3D images and not photographs......all joking aside, that is fantastic. Very realistic looking.

Do you mind sharing how you managed to achieve such a convincing affect?

Thanks,

Tim

Message edited by Tim S. on 2/21/2013 - 3:32 PM

Very nice!
Wow, it had me fooled. Nice work.
I'm blown away! Wonderful job!
Excellent. Definitely photo-real. you should share your technique.
I love it!!! Any chance you care to share your technique?
So good!top notch
olha o shader do malaaaaaandro...
Very good Rodrigo.

Just one thing, in Portugal the beach sand has a bit more color, that sand seems a bit washed out.

Summer is comming , yessssss.

From now on, instead of saying "amazing", "beautiful", "fantastic", etc. I´ll just say it's gelmi.

Congrats for such a gelmi job. :D
Very nice!
Will you post it on the Share site when it's done?

Please ;)

/peter
Now i have sand in my eyes, well done. Shouldn't the replicator sand particle only be on the horizontal parts of the modell ?
Fantastic!!!! Perfeito!
awesome... best CG sand I've seen !!

please post the scene in the share or here on how you did it ! many would be interested !!
Awesome!
That definitely looks like sand. I am curious, though. What exactly is replicated? Are there really grains replicated all over the surface? Amazing work. It looks like a photo.

That definitely looks like sand. I am curious, though. What exactly is replicated? Are there really grains replicated all over the surface? Amazing work. It looks like a photo.

I suppose small mesh 'speckles' to create this nice rough sandy feeing, this + bump map and there ya have it.
Fantastic!

http://mymodo.ru
http://modostore.com

Very nice! Please make a video.
Incredible, as always!
I'd love to see how difficult and/or slow it was to get these terrific results.
First time i've seen guys excited about a beach scene and without any babes in bikini in it!

It's Gelmi, Its Way Beyond Terrific!

Paul
Very nice. I like the slight imperfection on the left cheek like someone had just rubbed their hand across it.
I agree with Barros. There's Gelmi, then a whole lot of nothing and then us ordinary people....
I'm out of expressions for this kind of quality ;)
Page 1 of 3
   1  2  3  Next  Last