Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - 801 Announcement live-blog. What's new in 801!

Page 4 of 6
First  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last 
Quote from fablefox :

Yeah, quite interesting that it wasn't mentioned on the store itself (the $100 saving). It was mentioned on the product page, on the button linking to the store, however.

This is from a Foundy email that I just got:

Take advantage of our launch offer today, upgrade to MODO 801 and save $100 until Friday May 9th.
Quote from Tobiah W. :

Make sure to go ahead and install the new version of MeshFusion, the older version does not work with 801.

Does Mesh Fusion 103 work with 701 or is it just for 801 users?
couple of questions . I got these from the 801 product page http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/modo/

under windows requirements:

Intel Xeon/Core 2 Duo, Quad/Core i7 or AMD Opteron/ Phenom processor(s). Must support SSE2 instruction set.

1. Does this mean no i5?

Also:

In addition, you can run MODO in rendering (“slave”) mode on up to 10 machines on a network to efficiently render animation sequences or extremely high-resolution graphic images.

2. I thought it was unlimited network rendering?

Thanks
Quote from Gavin Scott :
After the official end, Brad giving a preview of something called "View", looks like a real-time composite of modos many output layers, GPU accelerated.

Relighting, DOF on the fly, etc.

Coming out later this year.

Looks pretty cool.

(Not sure he knows he's still being broadcast, lol)

I've never used it, but it looked to basically be the same thing as Motiva Colimo.
hi lifo

According to the 801 Inline Help System "Intel Xeon /Core i5 or i7" is listed in the System Requirements.

Cheers
Mal
Quote from Medimal :
According to the 801 Inline Help System "Intel Xeon /Core i5 or i7" is listed in the System Requirements.

Hummm...I need a new computer before I can upgrade to 801.
Quote from lifo :

Does Mesh Fusion 103 work with 701 or is it just for 801 users?

Both. It's an overall update to MF, but it's not version specific (but each one needs to be downloaded to work with that version).

Message edited by Derek Cicero on 4/25/2014 - 12:12 AM

Quote from InfoCentral :

Hummm...I need a new computer before I can upgrade to 801.

Technically it's not *supported* which means we can't guarantee it will work. It would run.

Also:

In addition, you can run MODO in rendering (“slave”) mode on up to 10 machines on a network to efficiently render animation sequences or extremely high-resolution graphic images.

2. I thought it was unlimited network rendering?

Thanks

It is unlimited for non-commercial (farm/cloud) use. Where do you see that?
Quote from mercurius :
The product page is chock full of interesting new features, but the presentation was a banal marketing dud.
I was looking everywhere for this, and checked every page but couldn't find it, until I realised there are two areas for MODO.
If you're someone who bookmarked the old Luxology site, you'll never find them.

So, here they are: http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/modo/latest-version/

---
Debi

Sydney MODO User Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SydneymodoUserGroup
MODO MAGIC - http://www.alphageekgirl.com

Quote from Derek Cicero :

It is unlimited for non-commercial (farm/cloud) use. Where do you see that?

Brad said in a modcast that with 701 there was unlimited network rendering. It wasn't specificied that it was only for non-commercial use.

Has this now been changed for 801? The info that I posted originally was from the product page here:

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/modo/

It's at the way bottom.
Quote from lifo :
It's at the way bottom.

Yes it is and I too don't see anything about it being for non-commercial rendering.

Quote from lifo :

Brad said in a modcast that with 701 there was unlimited network rendering. It wasn't specificied that it was only for non-commercial use.

Has this now been changed for 801? The info that I posted originally was from the product page here:

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/modo/

It's at the way bottom.

Apologies, I meant non-commercial in the sense that you can't make a third party render farm with your personal license(s). You can render on N machines for a commercial project you are working on. The info at the bottom of that page is incorrect. Thanks for catching that. We will fix it.
Can somebody confirm these features are in 801 or not?

1. Viewport Alpha Transparency (in texture paint mode too)
2. FBX 2013 export selected.
3. FBX 2013 export with and without animation
4. FBX 2013 export action takes.

Quote from Derek Cicero :

Apologies, I meant non-commercial in the sense that you can't make a third party render farm with your personal license(s). You can render on N machines for a commercial project you are working on. The info at the bottom of that page is incorrect. Thanks for catching that. We will fix it.

Thanks for looking into that for us Derek :)
Where can I see that presentation? Is it possible to see it?

What about enviroment IBL linking to meshes?
Is there will be possible animating hairguides (riggid ropes with base and self collision)?

-----------------------------
fb: www.facebook.com/bartosh44 | www: www.multimedia-design.eu | yt: www.youtube.com/multimediaadesign

Does 801 make text extrusion and manipulation any easier?
AE connection? :) is there a list with the gug fixes in this release?

Wondering what's gonna happen with broken gradient editor in 701sp5? ...and few other broken things.
Quote from Medimal :
hi lifo

Cheers
Mal

Thanks Mal,

But there is another discrepancy here.

Because on the product page here http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/store/modo/

at the bottom under "Windows Requirements" it doesn't state the i5 part.

Can someone from The Foundry clarify which one is right?

Looks like a pretty impressive upgrade. Some nice things I had been hoping for such as shading nodes and fracturing. Some of the other features, I am sure I will realize their importance once I understand them better.

HOWEVER (yes, here it comes - my first bitch about a feature that I wanted that apparently didn’t get done) - import/export to After Effects. I had really gotten the impression shortly after the 701 launch that AE I/O was a priority for the next release but, there was no mention of it today. The lack of this feature is the one thing that really hampers my use of Modo for many of our projects. I really, really need that ability to save out camera, object and light location data to AE and to bring that data in from AE.

Motion graphics guy here. Motion graphics artists are heavy AE users. We need to be able to move data between our 3D tool(s) of choice and AE. Nuke - as powerful as it is as a high-end compositor - is not a motion graphics tool. Further, Nuke is far more expensive that AE. Most of us motion graphics guys are not likely to ever switch to Nuke for both, it’s high price and lack of suitability as a mograph tool. We need AE I/O.

We’ve been asking for this for several versions now. Please, Foundry folks, can we get this done??? Please?

Message edited by JKVisFX on 4/25/2014 - 1:45 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but the wrap deformer video is just a link the bezier deformer video again. I had to go to vimeo and look up the foundry's videos to see it. No big deal but it should get fixed eventually.
Quote from admactanium :
Does 801 make text extrusion and manipulation any easier?
I saw an enhancement for freezing curves in the videos, and I saw a post about Text, but I'd really love a complete text and vector import overhaul. I'm exploring further over the weekend, might even buy 801 just to see, Modo has always been recalcitrant with logos.
I'm really excited myself - cage baking, some terrific new UV tools - re-symmetrize and UV constraints...snapping contexts. oh nice.

There are more 801 videos on Vimeo btw (25 vs 14 on the product page).
Seems nothing was done for the weak wieport
Quote from Adam84 :
I'm really excited myself - cage baking, some terrific new UV tools - re-symmetrize and UV constraints...snapping contexts. oh nice.

There are more 801 videos on Vimeo btw (25 vs 14 on the product page).

When you openup a video by hitting the "videos" button then you can scroll down to the others. It's directly below .
So at some features there are more videos, you just didn't find it.

Message edited by kemenyzol on 4/25/2014 - 2:31 AM

Page 4 of 6
First  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last