Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - YEAH 701 !!

Page 6 of 9
First  Previous  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last 
We've got to be getting pretty close now. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
I think They will announce the new version of Modo on the 5th March in Sydney, Australia.
As version number suggests, it will be released on 1st of July. Gives F-Lu (that's Foundry - Luxology) plenty of time to let the product ferment and age a bit. M-m-m, tasty.
If they come out with SP6 before modo 701... then it will surely be released in the summer months...
Just to join the speculation, I would guess 701 will be released on May 15th :)
I speculate the first copy will be given out in a live streaming modcast to
the seven hundred first caller but that the modcast never ends because everyone
is trying to be the 701st caller so the whole launch is cancelled. Now we have
to wait on 801, good goin everyone, it is all your fault.
701 will be released as soon as I spend my meagre savings on Vet bills or booze.
If you would tell your animals they are cut off then you wouldn't need all that
booze or vet visits, i know you need someone to drink with but animals can't hold
their liquor.

SlideSHOW slide number 5.

SlideSHOW slide number 3.
Quote from Emma Beckett :
701 will be released as soon as I spend my meagre savings on Vet bills or booze.

Good old Murphy's law! What I liked about the 601 release is that they let us know well in advance when to expect (at least news of) 601- wasn't it in December? Something along the lines of if you can wait, wait till... That was great, the more warning we have, the easier it is to budget for it.

Message edited by JontySmith on 3/2/2013 - 5:04 PM

Quote from Emma Beckett :

I vote for booze. The other option make me all weepy. ;-)
I say June,,, One of the recent modcast`s, Brad said something like Christmas in June so one would just fill in the blank.
I agree, it really nice to be able to budget.
Quote from kleptis :
If you would tell your animals they are cut off then you wouldn't need all that
booze or vet visits, i know you need someone to drink with but animals can't hold
their liquor.

SlideSHOW slide number 5.

SlideSHOW slide number 3.

Wow, according to Slideshow 5, I can't feed my cat anything except packaged cat food!

Pfft, no raw meat. How many cats do you see, sitting round a campfire spit roasting a rabbit?

• Martian Megalopolis, Olympus Mons, Mars
  • 11533 posts
Quote from Alex W. :
I agree, but why is that?

Because in Brazil they don't wear clothing... they just let it all hang out in the breeze.
Cats cook all the time, some of the more accomplished cat chefs even post their
VIDEOs on YouTube. They like to cook what they've freshly CAUGHT. When they
cook fish their BALD friends always show up to mooch. Sometimes the weird NEIGHBOR
shows up and makes everyone uncomfortable.

Message edited by kleptis on 3/3/2013 - 1:51 AM

some announcements, like foundry did, would be nice.. just cant stand this silence :)
Lol, I love them.

I'm totally getting that cat fishing game!

Quote from kleptis :
Cats cook all the time, some of the more accomplished cat chefs even post their
VIDEOs on YouTube. They like to cook what they've freshly CAUGHT. When they
cook fish their BALD friends always show up to mooch. Sometimes the weird NEIGHBOR
shows up and makes everyone uncomfortable.
Get you a good 8 or 9 foot fishing ROD & REEL, drill a hole through their favorite toys
and put the toy on the end of the line, you can reach everywhere in the room while
standing or sitting, it will be the best toy you ever buy. When they get tired of
one toy just put another on it. If you get a net too and a rod and line strong
enough you can reel your cats in, lift them up and net them for DINNER.
Quote from kleptis :
Get you a good 8 or 9 foot fishing ROD & REEL, drill a hole through their favorite toys and put the toy on the end of the line, you can reach everywhere in the room while standing or sitting, it will be the best toy you ever buy. When they get tired of one toy just put another on it. If you get a net too and a rod and line strong enough you can reel your cats in, lift them up and net them for DINNER.
An even easier way to catch a cat.

Message edited by JKVisFX on 3/4/2013 - 3:31 AM

Quote from JAPfeiffer :

I've found a lot of the tutorials on Digital Tutorials to be pretty good. Maybe not the modo ones. I think the main reason they stopped making modo tutorials is well based on money, they weren't seeing people log into their site to watch them. I would guess a lot of the reason for that is because there are so many good tutorials in the Luxology site. With a ton of them for free. BTW I miss the free videos, more please =D

if you look back a few years ago and search on digital tutors on this forum...you will see that the majority of forum member ripped up digital tutors big time about their modo tutorials. I had called them back during their 401 tutorial releases and they told me that they were not very well accepted by the modo forum.

I happened to be one that enjoyed all the DT modo tutorials...and i don't blame them for steering clear of making any more. they were ripped on big time.
Quote from a_iverson :
I think They will announce the new version of Modo on the 5th March in Sydney, Australia.

anyone went to the event ?
DT will start creating Modo tutorials again it's only a matter of time. A Foundry product cannot be ignored.
I believe that luxology have more contact with the users and to share what they want Innovations do. Because Modo is not as final product as 3d max / maya. Many users are waiting for functions that need it this year, as every year, needs only increase. If I knew some things, maybe gone for a while until the product is ready. I think it is honest, than to leave people waiting for what will not.
I think we're in position were a small screenshot or some other small sneak peek would be much appreciated:) C'mon guys! Show us what you've been up to:):)
Quote from SimonWu :
I think we're in position were a small screenshot or some other small sneak peek would be much appreciated:) C'mon guys! Show us what you've been up to:):)

Last year we at least had that Alembic screenshot with the topo tab :P
Page 6 of 9
First  Previous  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last