Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - Lightwave 11.5 Feature Release Video

Page 3 of 12
First  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last 
Ah yes, the dancing baby...it took 40 seconds to get it copied 1Mb ona 3.5" floppy haha back in the day...
Quote from SimonWu :
Ah yes, the dancing baby...it took 40 seconds to get it copied 1Mb ona 3.5" floppy haha back in the day...

(sk_baby.max) :)

anyway not to side track but 11.5 is excellent and hopefully it gives the modo team that extra to push to deliver as the usually do in a professional manner with an awesome app... its all good 3D software just gets better and better.

Message edited by OnlineRender on 2/1/2013 - 5:43 AM

Quote from Chris Puzzle Provine :
He's dropping names because he can, and because he was hired to market LW. He's been there and done that.

Its not a question wether you can or not, but it is generally perceived negatively...
Quote from Phungus :

Its not a question wether you can or not, but it is generally perceived negatively...

Yes, if you're using anything else than Lightwave.:):) C'mon guys, let's hug...you! Yes you! Time for a group hug.

• I'm the Bruce Lee of X,Y,Z
  • 2624 posts
Quote from OnlineRender :

I think you better get your facts in order before you open that mouth of yours first.. He was one of the first persons called personally to work on Avatar,done the first 64bit animation on windows , the dancing baby and a shed load of other things. Rob probably has one of the best CV's in the industry, I admit it can be a bit tedious at times and perhaps the name dropping does get a little pedantic...its not Like AD MODO even Blender dont do this *rolls eyes*

and the reason for the headset is because he was jumping on and off stage and took 10 seconds out of his hectic schedule at siggy to speak with user/mod of another website.."think it may have been cgsociety "

shh everyone ,.I think,.. I hear a Fanboy .. let us wait,.. and get him the next time he waves that HUGE flag and shove it up his.....

I'll hide here..

Message edited by T4D on 2/1/2013 - 6:23 AM

Quote from T4D :

shh everyone ,.I think I hear a Fanboy .. let us wait and attack the next time he gets up and waves that HUGE flag and shove it up his.....

It's sooo funny hearing you speaking about fanboyism.

I can see this discussion derailing froim it's original track, why?
Quote from T4D :

shh everyone ,.I think,.. I hear a Fanboy .. let us wait,.. and get him the next time he waves that HUGE flag and shove it up his.....
]

coming from someone who animated a kids bible I find this funny..

and yes ultimate fan boy... however blender does rock

Message edited by OnlineRender on 2/1/2013 - 6:29 AM

• 2624 posts
Quote from SimonWu :

It's sooo funny hearing you speaking about fanboyism.

I can see this discussion derailing froim it's original track, why?

let just derailing now =)

what is on my flag that I wave Simon ?
Quote from Emma Beckett :

"Well.. back when James Cameon (I like to call him Jimmy) and I were developing the virtual studio tools in Lightwave for Avatar...."

Oh bullshit. Probably never even managed a brief glimpse of Cameron in the cafeteria.

For those who doesn't know who Rob Powers is and some of what he has done...

Check it out!

Message edited by Cageman on 2/1/2013 - 6:27 AM

Quote from T4D :

let just derailing now =)

what is on my flag that I wave Simon ?

I don't know and honestly I don't care, i suppose 7 colourful horizontal stripes? ;)

Back on topic, chill out everyone, it's just a software, no reason to call people douchebags.

• 2624 posts

coming from someone who animated a kids bible I find this funny

well I'm no one trick pony =) I've also worked on 3 TV series, Feature film, TVC's, Medical and science Edu, Playstion & Xbox games, billion dollar architectural projects, military projects that i can never talk about and developed afew plugins for 2 3D platforms.

but the bible stuff was a great fun 3 year paycheck that I am pretty proud of =)

how about you OnlineRender ? or just an Anonymous attacks from a guy without a profile ?? hmm Nice..

Message edited by T4D on 2/1/2013 - 7:00 AM

..I work in a chippy.
What is with Glasgow guys and such huge love towards Newtek ?

• 2624 posts
Quote from Cageman :

who Rob powers is has NOTHING to do with the 11.5 release, he is a person hired to do a job and that's it. YES he has talent and Yes he seems cool talking about Future Lightwave WOW marketing BS Sorry i turn it off...

the Lightwave release has to stand up for it self for the users choosing to use it.

Marketing is Marketing and is separate from the Real daily use of the product

Dick Van Dyke has a better resume then Rob should he be marketing it ( he has in the past ) has it got anything to do with whats in the 11.5 update ?

trying to wave Rob's resume when talking about LW releases is just funny and stupid..

Beyoncé drinks & markets Pepsi does she make it taste better ???

Message edited by T4D on 2/1/2013 - 6:55 AM

• 2624 posts
Double sorry

Message edited by T4D on 2/1/2013 - 6:58 AM

Quote from SimonWu :
..I work in a chippy.

haha
... free munch FTW .. I work for Glasgow Council as a media consultant so its pretty much on the same par :P except I get free parking.

he actually missed the point" I was emphasising the part of the bible " forgiveness Jesus and all that jazz" ...anyway enough of this chit chatty if I am fanboy for defending someone rather than the software call me crazy I would expect any modo user to do the same for there team.

haha
... free munch FTW .. I work for Glasgow Council as a media consultant so its pretty much on the same par :P except I get free parking.

he actually missed the point" I was emphasising the part of the bible " forgiveness Jesus and all that jazz" ...anyway enough of this chit chatty if I am fanboy for defending someone rather than the software call me crazy I would expect any modo user to do the same for there team.

Nah, I don't work in a chippy...Glasgow City Council?I think I've done some work for yous in the past
Quote from T4D :

Beyoncé drinks & markets Pepsi does she make it taste better ???

depends if its between her legs " see Bill Hicks"

• 2624 posts

he actually missed the point" I was emphasising the part of the bible " forgiveness Jesus and all that jazz" ...

WOW you think artist's should take on the morals of the projects they work on ? dude nearly 20 years doing this and I now work in a Muslim company & country ?

if anyone done what you seem to be saying, in any career,. they would be pretty F**k up in the head !
Quote from T4D :

WOW you think artist's should take on the morals of the projects they work on ? dude nearly 20 years doing this and I now work in a Muslim company & country ?

if anyone done what you seem to be saying, in any career,. they would be pretty F**k up in the head !

Moneys are the reason? Hmmm

• 2624 posts

depends if its between her legs " see Bill Hicks"

I thought the Beyoncé line would take things the wrong way LOL =)

let's not go any further there are ladies on the forums ;)
Quote from SreckoM :
What is with Glasgow guys and such huge love towards Newtek ?

What love? I just like the tools I've got - being it modo, Lw, Blender, 3dsmax, I wouldn't jump into flames if some of those companies ask me to do this hehe.

• 2624 posts
Quote from SimonWu :

Moneys are the reason? Hmmm

how you make Money as an artist is not about your morals,.
Many Musician work in wedding band ( do you know how painful playing in a wedding every weekend is .. I DO !! )

Man you pay me enough I would do Robs job ,. it would have to be alot though LOL =)

and that is my point,. there are just heads to a product,. the product should speak for itself when the user starts working with it,. to come back to the marketing video yes cool BUT LW did leave a bad taste in my mouth afew times where those marketed features didn't work the way they were shown when I got the final version.

YES the marketing video was Right but the features did go a far and work as well that most users assumed they would.

off the top of my head I remember the "rig" file format in Lw 8. the demo was Cool great idea ,. then once we got it found only the most basic rig would work ( so in the end just straight modeler skelegons were more usable. going back to the video you noticed that the rig demo WAS only the most basic rig,. so the feature did not change it was just shown in a really good way.

I could go on and on as many Ex lw could join in too.... but hey who cares ? I Hope 11.5 is a good release and hope for a demo to see if all the happy users are correct =)
Maybe maybe not...I haven't seen/heard him dropping names in any situation other than as a paid representative for LW.

The only times I've ever seen /hear the man was in a commercial/sales capacity.

Not mentioning high profile uses/or users of a product one is representing would be silly.

Looking negatively at a salesman selling is, well....certainly a choice that can be made.

Finally, jumping to potty mouth personal attacks towards those that we don't know personally or professionally is behavior best left to other community forums.

Quote from Phungus :

Quote from Cageman :

Check it out!

When I read Emmas post it sounds as if she has heard who Rob Powers is and what he has done a few times too many, don' t you think? :-)

Message edited by Phungus on 2/1/2013 - 7:37 AM

Page 3 of 12
First  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last