Topic - ETEREA Falloffs Pie 1.4 • Updated December 2013

Update December 23, 2013 • Version 1.4

— Icons are defined using the new 'Icons Grid' structure introduced with Modo 701. This means a better file management: Modo does not import a lot of small PNG files, one for each icon. There are just 2 'grid image' files now, one for medium icons (20 pixels) and one for large icons (32 pixels).

— I provide an alternate old version, compatible with Modo 601, but I won't update this, sorry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I use constantly the Linear and Cylindrical falloffs. For this reason I created years ago this Pie Menu with direct access to the four presets in each type (linear, smooth, ease-in and ease-out).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Download Eterea Falloffs Pie 1.4 <<< Compatible with Modo 701 and up

>>> Download Eterea Falloffs Pie 1.3 <<< Compatible with Modo 601

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION AND USE:

1. Download, expand the ZIP file and translate the “eterea_falloffs” folder to your Modo Scripts folder.

2. Open Modo.

3. Go to Menu System > Form Editor, open the “Forms” and search for “ETEREA Falloffs Pie” Form.

4. Right Mouse Button over it and choose “Assign to Key…”

5. Choose your preferred shortcut. I have chosen ALT+TAB

6. Close the Form Editor.

7. Create a cylinder, call that shortcut and select your desired falloff.

8. Enjoy :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETEREA MODO RESOURCES · You will find there all my shared tools and kits, with information in English and Spanish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristóbal Vila
www.etereaestudios.com

Message edited by Cristobal Vila on 6/26/2014 - 4:31 AM

Fantastic!
I've been trying to get these kinds of preset (and curve-draw) functions into a brush preset bar... this is a great step forward!
Great idea! Thanks for sharing :)
You are welcome :-)
Thanks for your kind comments.

Cristóbal Vila
www.etereaestudios.com
October 6, 2012: Just a small update to share this old utility as a KIT.

Look at first post :-)

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

Laurent
Love it. I've been considering making a snapping pie menu in the same vein as this :)
Hi Eterea, I love that you love to work. this suits me nicely !

I was wondering if you might consider a boost to your current script ? I often create custom falloffs with the 'add' function - which runs a second falloff in conjunction with the first.

At the moment I have your script mapped to: alt ,

It would be awesome to have a modded version of your script mapped to: alt . that runs the 'add' command and then opens your script again to add a second falloff.

What do you think about this ?

edit. actually you add a 'slice' to the pie menu that simply has 'add' - which lets you build the second falloff over the one created ?

Message edited by SJdesign on 10/8/2012 - 4:07 AM

Thanks for your inputs, SJdesign.

1. This is not a script. It's just a bunch of (extremely) simple macros saved as separate LXO files and fired from commands on a Pie Menu. In fact, I have no idea about programming ;-)

2. This Pie Menu has his 8 slots occupyed. No space for an extra “add” slot (not sure anyway if this would work in that way, just by adding an “add” command).

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Thanks a lot

http://mymodo.ru
http://modostore.com

Alt-Tab switches apps in windows.
Alt-space & Ctrl-space is taken....

what assignments are others using?
very cool, will be very handy
Sweeet!
Update April 20, 2013 • Version 103

— Icons redesign to play better with the unified grey pie-menus background color in 701
— You will find the form inside a new “ETEREA Group” in the Form Editor (the yellow folders)
— You will see the Kit Version in Menu System > Kit Toggle Enable

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Update December 23, 2013 • Version 1.4

— Icons are defined using the new 'Icons Grid' structure introduced with Modo 701. This means a better file management: Modo does not import a lot of small PNG files, one for each icon. There are just 2 'grid image' files now, one for medium icons (20 pixels) and one for large icons (32 pixels).

— I provide an alternate old version, compatible with Modo 601, but I won't update this, sorry.

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

Message edited by Cristobal Vila on 12/23/2013 - 6:34 AM