Topic - ETEREA Slices Presets 1.4 • Updated December 2013

Update December 23, 2013 • Version 1.4

— Icons are defined using the new 'Icons Grid' structure introduced with Modo 701. This means a better file management: Modo does not import a lot of small PNG files, one for each icon. There are just 2 'grid image' files now, one for medium icons (20 pixels) and one for large icons (32 pixels).

— I provide an alternate old version, compatible with Modo 601, but I won't update this, sorry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This was one of my first shares here (from 2008): a small and simple utility to perform some common Loop Slices Presets. And now I have updated this, sharing with you this new “kit” version.

This is a Pie Menu and I find that these combinations are the most useful for my day-to-day work. Feel free to custom the LXM and CFG to achieve any other combination you prefer.

Here is a screenshot:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Download Eterea Slices Presets 1.4 <<< Compatible with Modo 701 and up

>>> Download Eterea Slices Presets 1.3 <<< Compatible with Modo 601

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION AND USE:

1. Download, expand the ZIP file and translate the “eterea_slices” folder to your Modo Scripts folder.

2. Open Modo.

3. Go to Menu System > Form Editor, open the “Forms” and search for “ETEREA Slices Presets” Form.

4. Right Mouse Button over it and choose “Assign to Key…”

5. Choose your preferred shortcut. I have chosen ALT-SHIFT-C

6. Close the Form Editor.

7. Create a cube, select a edge and call your shortcut.

8. Enjoy :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETEREA MODO RESOURCES · You will find there all my shared tools and kits, with information in English and Spanish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristóbal Vila
www.etereaestudios.com

Message edited by Cristobal Vila on 6/26/2014 - 4:32 AM

thanks

• DaveGrzybowski / Milwaukee, WI
  • 1138 posts
Nice little macro... looks to be very handy. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
ooh, nice idea.
You are welcome :-)

It is a very small utility but it gives me a direct access to a frequently used presets. At the end this is TIME.

I love this aplication more and more.

Cristóbal Vila
www.etereaestudios.com
Quote from Eterea :
I love this aplication more and more.

+ a community that shares.

Thank you Cristóbal!
I have added some icons to make this more visual.
Edited and added on my first post.

Cristóbal Vila
www.etereaestudios.com
Bump this topic just to share a new “kit” version with this small old utility.
Hope you find it useful :-)

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Wow, why I haven't discovered this one earlier. This is exactly the kind of thing that is simple but an huge time saver!
Thanks for sharing :)
Update April 20, 2013 • Version 103

— Icons redesign to play better with the unified grey pie-menus background color in 701
— You will find the form inside a new “ETEREA Group” in the Form Editor (the yellow folders)
— You will see the Kit Version in Menu System > Kit Toggle Enable

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
This script is such a timesaver, thanks!
Update December 23, 2013 • Version 1.4

— Icons are defined using the new 'Icons Grid' structure introduced with Modo 701. This means a better file management: Modo does not import a lot of small PNG files, one for each icon. There are just 2 'grid image' files now, one for medium icons (20 pixels) and one for large icons (32 pixels).

— I provide an alternate old version, compatible with Modo 601, but I won't update this, sorry.

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
thanks for the update Cristobal :)

Laurent
I stray across this now. I built something like this long ago for slicing up buildings. I have it set so it will slice a certain number of sections with standard gaps. The screen shot may illustrate better.