Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - GoZ and 701

Trying to send something over from ZBrush 4 R5 to 701 and it doesn't sem to be working for me anymore. Anyone else able to get it to work?
In the past Pixologic has to upgrade GoZ for every new release of modo...seems the same with this one...
FYI I got it to work. Had to go into Preferences / GoZ and use the Force Reinstall option and it has worked fine so far. Still doesn't automagically make give model awesome topology though.....
I just did that but goz button doesn't show up in modo.
Quote from SheepFactory :
I just did that but goz button doesn't show up in modo.

Go to System / Run Script and search for "GoZBrushToModo.py". Than you can use the command history to map it to a shortkey (usually Shift-Command-G)and/or you can create a button with the form editor. The custom icon for it is called "GoZBrush.png". It is in your public folder / GoZ Apps / Modo (Mac)

Message edited by Mac_Robi on 3/25/2013 - 5:00 PM

I tried 'force reinstall' as well, but it did not work. I also did not find the script manually, so i assume i will have to wait for a zbrush update, right?

With 601 it works...

Online Portfolio:
http://www.drakken.de

I manually created my user folders , created a Modo 701 folder with the gozio.lx file and a config file like I did last time and it worked from zbrush to modo.

Only thing missing was the button in 701.

I had to reconfigure the button manually in the form editor and save the config and now I am good to go!!

Anyone that is struggling, I'm sure the force reinstall would update all the paths and scripts inside of modo 701, you'll see it in the form editor and everything looks good but no button showing up.

Richard Yot has a good video on youtube on creating your own custom buttons, follow the steps about find form and selecting the toolbar for the modo modes toolbar and you'll be fine if do as he says!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
MODO 801 - Lightwave 11.6 - MARI 2.5v2 - ZBrush 4R6 - Substance Designer 4 - 3D Coat V4.1 - HDRLS 4.3

Message edited by Luc_Feri on 3/26/2013 - 10:44 AM

I got Goz working for Modo 701 to ZBrush (on Mac) despite throwing up an error in the transfer process.

But sending from ZBrush to Modo 701 cause Modo to crash every time. I've tried Updating paths, Forced Install, Manual Install.

I'm guessing we need to wait for an official update to gozio.lx for Modo 701 64bit.

Message edited by Ricky Cox on 3/28/2013 - 8:12 AM

I got this reply from Pixologic Support

Currently Modo 701 is not supported. GoZ is no longer a plugin, it is built into ZBrush specifically. The current release of ZBrush and GoZ was created before Modo 701 was available. There is no word when the next release of ZBrush or GoZ will be available or what software packages it will support at that time.
I've gotten used to just using the mult-map exporter in ZBrush and doing the import manually. Most times I do everything in Zbrush until I'm finished anyway - except for retopology. Eventually, when the next Zbrush upgrade is released I'll go back to using goZ with Modo.
This is painful news... and at a time where I need to move my models' arms into a t-pose... I guess I will use the flex tool...

Dreams are what keep me going... never stop.

works fine here. first test I did was transfer 14M poly mesh.

make sure modo is closed when you reinstall. you need to browse for modo manually from zbrush.

then all should be good.
Works here too. I can't see any difference between the way it's working with 701 and 601 except for the button not showing up automatically. I'm on OSX snow leopard.
I did exactly what Mac_Robi suggested above and now Goz works great in 701. Theres no GoZ button but I mapped the GoZ command to Ctrl-Shift-G as suggested and it works the same as it did in 601. I'm using OS X Lion.
Quote from OOZZEE :
works fine here. first test I did was transfer 14M poly mesh.

make sure modo is closed when you reinstall. you need to browse for modo manually from zbrush.

then all should be good.

It works well to me too (Win7Pro64bit).

Message edited by Ross X on 4/4/2013 - 10:10 AM

But still no icon

I think I solved the GoZ issue permanently... I just put the GoZ command in the file menu :)...

in case no one saw this .... The FIX !!!

http://forums.luxology.com/topic.aspx?f=32&t=75787
I too got it to work...thanks alot !

Now i´m only struggeling to get the UV maps exported from Zbrush to Modo