Notice: Community Accounts Have Changed. What You Need To Know >>

Topic - (2011-09-23) Just a Juggalo

modcast time.

Lynda training with Dan Ablan here.

Unite11 is next week! Jarred Everson's undead soldier will be joining in on the fun.

Filter Foundry is having a VIP event October 06th. Info on Filter Foundry, which looks pretty nifty.

Gelmi's grapes.

Chris Frechette runs a Minnesota modo group. Info here.

Shout Outs--

Mike Campau, honorary Juggalo for the Insane Clown Posse, or the "ICP."

Brad loves the holiday Ooky animation in our updated video streaming section of the Luxology Gallery.

Eduardo Baroni’s beautiful lion drawing.

JP Rasanen's relaxing pool by the sea.

thanks, David.
Thank you, Brad and David.

Rich's package sounds like a must-have.

MODO, and the modo community ROCKS!
Visit www.mikejamesmedia.com

Thanks for the nod guys!

We're planning another.... just an FYI.

And yes, connect with Lynda.com and let them know what you like. This first 8 hour course is an "Essential Training" which gets through the basics. From there the sky's the limit.

Huzzah, as Brad says.

Message edited by Dan Ablan on 9/23/2011 - 6:49 PM

Thanks guys, looking forward to Rigging School.
Speaking of Brent, Recoil and pool shots, that's exactly what I did here,
http://www.jbprint.ca/ModoSamples/PoolComp-2/PoolComp-2.html

But I changed Brent's glass to felt. 

Sorry, I can't get a link post on my iPhone, so just copy it or this one:

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=56948&show=Pool%20table
Quote from Mike James modo :

Whatever you do, don't read this out loud.
Quote from Dan Ablan :
Thanks for the nod guys!

We're planning another.... just an FYI.

And yes, connect with Lynda.com and let them know what you like. This first 8 hour course is an "Essential Training" which gets through the basics. From there the sky's the limit.

Huzzah, as Brad says.

Hi Dan,
I watched a couple of the preview videos. Looks good! I'll be checking out the entire title soon.
Thanks,
Bill
Quote from ImperfectLink :

Whatever you do, don't read this out loud.

Haha you know I wanted to comment but wasn't sure how to. Good way to put it ;)
I am especially looking forward to the rigging lessons. I will be first in line to purchase this one.

--JK--
Quote from JKVisFX :
I am especially looking forward to the rigging lessons. I will be first in line to purchase this one.

--JK--

Well i hope you guy get a lot out of it... there is a lot to know, but its set up in a way to help you through it all. And like Brad said, I think there is a lot for just any general modo user in there... core stuff on how modo works. It should be a win for the generalist and rigger alike.

Hey Rich, Will "Bumper" be making an appearance in your series? Hard to believe that you rigged him in 401 but then again I guess it's not because YOU rigged him. I really like that little guy. :)
Haha... bumPer will return someday. He was a bit ahead of his time in the 401 days but someday I will be ready unleash his awesome power again ;)

On a more serious note, he loads up fine in 501. Its a testament to how Luxology is building their foundation... the tank loads fine too for that matter. The tools that were in place in 401 were just built upon for 501. I assume this trend will carry forward with new versions of modo too.
Can i have some of them spicy meatballs ...

pom pom pom pompydom dom dom...

* wanders off letting everybody think he's mad as a banana *

Chris

WINDOWS is the path to the Dark Side. WINDOWS leads to anger. WINDOWS leads to hate. WINDOWS leads to suffering

Dude you totally killed this thread with your insanity :)
Quote from Mike James modo :

Hmmm ... I am soooo glad that I didn't ask... "Do we get a sneak peak of Rich's package before it comes out?" :-/

---
Debi Taylor

MODO MAGIC - http://www.alphageekgirl.com
Sydney MODO User Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/SydneyMODOUserGroup

Quote from Richard Hurrey :
Haha... bumPer will return someday. He was a bit ahead of his time in the 401 days but someday I will be ready unleash his awesome power again ;)

On a more serious note, he loads up fine in 501. Its a testament to how Luxology is building their foundation... the tank loads fine too for that matter. The tools that were in place in 401 were just built upon for 501. I assume this trend will carry forward with new versions of modo too.

Out of interest does that gorgeous tank of your's make an appearance? :D When I first started I learnt alot from your Modo,siggraph2006 interview- Can just imagine the info in the training! :D
Quote from AlphaGeekgirl :

Hmmm ... I am soooo glad that I didn't ask... "Do we get a sneak peak of Rich's package before it comes out?" :-/

HAHA... Me too man... me too :)
Quote from JontySmith :

Out of interest does that gorgeous tank of your's make an appearance? :D When I first started I learnt alot from your Modo,siggraph2006 interview- Can just imagine the info in the training! :D

I felt the tank was a bit much for the training this time around. Maybe in the future as a separate tutorial or something. There is a lot of new stuff in 501 that I would have used when I built so I would want to update it too. Someday man :)
There should be an educational license for Recoil. I mean right now its more expensive than the educational version of Modo itself. Also would love have educational licenses for the kits too. For now I can only drool from here, and your Modcast is adding to the temptation.
Quote from Nabeel Aejaz :
There should be an educational license for Recoil. I mean right now its more expensive than the educational version of Modo itself. Also would love have educational licenses for the kits too. For now I can only drool from here, and your Modcast is adding to the temptation.

i thought the educational license was that you LEARN how to make these yourself..
not to use them for little money..

There is no education in using the kits, other then having fun with them and making it easy on yourself ..

just my 2 euro cents :}

Chris

WINDOWS is the path to the Dark Side. WINDOWS leads to anger. WINDOWS leads to hate. WINDOWS leads to suffering

Quote from Chris No. 439 :

i thought the educational license was that you LEARN how to make these yourself..
not to use them for little money..

There is no education in using the kits, other then having fun with them and making it easy on yourself ..

just my 2 euro cents :}

Chris

Yes, I know. Not trying to make money on it but would love to get the model bashing kit and create some spaceships and sci elements. Would love to create splashes using the splash kit. I know I should be learning to create them from scratch myself but nonetheless they are tempting. I want to see the Andy Brown tutorial on the model bashing kit .... I am sad ... for lately no new Andy Brown for me (on Lux TV). Well more than the kit the Recoil Plugin is important. So please Lux educational license for, at-least, Recoil.

Message edited by Nabeel Aejaz on 9/27/2011 - 3:43 PM

Quote from Nabeel Aejaz :

I am sad ... for lately no new Andy Brown for me (on Lux TV).

While I can appreciate the recent focus on kits and courses, there has been a lack of video tips on Lux TV. I've always learned some great tips from those videos, no matter the topic.
Man, this guy's are doing tutorials about what I do every day... rigging trains and composing cars in backgrounds..
I'm really curious what is done different? If he build a scripted speed meter it's worth watching for me...
Hey Brad!

Sampaio just showed this podcast in which you mention the lion.
The funny thing was that I posted my last post (showing the process of creation of the image) without knowing your doubt. I don`t know if you saw it. Well, the Notan Studio team made it all (the 3D and the drawing).

The artists were Sampaio, Me and Luciana Castro (one of our assistants).

Thanks for the shout out and congratulations for MODO! We like it a lot!