Topic - MARI Extension Pack FAQ

Hi everyone,
this forum can be used for anything regarding MARI Extension Pack.
Feel free to post any Bugs, Requests and Questions that you feel are related to Extension Pack and I will answer as fast as possible.

Where can I find MARI Extension Pack ?
www.MariExtensionPack.org

Are there Extension Pack versions that do not require MARI 3.x ?
MARI Extension Pack 2.1 is compatible with Mari 2.6v1 - Mari 2.6v5
For previous releases compatible with older Mari versions please check here

Is there documentation, install instructions etc ?
Yes, each release has full documentation and Installation Help

Are there any video tutorials as well ?
Please check my Vimeo Channel for an extensive list of video tutorials.
If you are more of a youtuber, playlists are available there as well.

Thank you,
Jens Kafitz

Message edited by Campi3d on 1/15/2016 - 2:55 PM

I just wanted to say how impressive and how helpful this extension and the older versions have been.

Thanks for this amazing added functionality and for contributing to the community.

Cheers
David Eschrich
Hello! Our studio Picture shop just purchased the extension 3v2 pack. When loading Mari it only loads some of the scripts. But i seem to be missing for instance the new procedurals Like Axis Mask and the polysurface curvature .

The scripts toolbar loaded on top but i cant seem to find these masking items. they are not in
Add Procedural Layer / Geometry / Extension Pack /

Infact the Extension Pack thing is not there at all.

I noticed that in the python console it didn't say successfully loaded, but did load something things.

we are using Mari 3.1v1

This is the bottom half of the python console

Functions Library : Loading
-----------------------------------------
Registered Library: GPU Noise Lib (Brian Sharpe)
Registered Library: Voronoi Suite (Jens Kafitz)
Registered Library: BRDF Shader Lib (Nicholas Breslow)
Registered Library: Gabor Lib (Anders Langlands)
Registered Library: Procedural Lib (Nicholas Breslow)
Registered Library: Color Range To Mask (Jens Kafitz)
Registered Library: Cellular Lib (Miguel Santiago)
Registered Library: Procedural Lib (Jens Kafitz)
Registered Library: Procedural Lib (Miguel Santiago)
Registered Library: Texture Scatter UV (Jens Kafitz)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/jnelson/Documents/Mari/Scripts/___initExtensionPack___.py", line 6, in <module>
import ExtensionPack_3v2
File "C:/Users/jnelson/Documents/Mari/Scripts\ExtensionPack_3v2\__init__.py", line 575, in <module>
extPackLoad()
File "C:/Users/jnelson/Documents/Mari/Scripts\ExtensionPack_3v2\__init__.py", line 552, in extPackLoad
import Shaders.RegisterCustomShaders
File "C:/Users/jnelson/Documents/Mari/Scripts\ExtensionPack_3v2\Shaders\RegisterCustomShaders.py", line 335, in <module>
loadShaders() # load up our shader library
File "C:/Users/jnelson/Documents/Mari/Scripts\ExtensionPack_3v2\Shaders\RegisterCustomShaders.py", line 167, in loadShaders
xml = ET.parse('%s/%s' % (full_shader_path, shader))
File "C:\Program Files\Mari3.1v1\Bundle\bin\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1183, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "C:\Program Files\Mari3.1v1\Bundle\bin\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 656, in parse
parser.feed(data)
File "C:\Program Files\Mari3.1v1\Bundle\bin\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1643, in feed
self._raiseerror(v)
File "C:\Program Files\Mari3.1v1\Bundle\bin\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1507, in _raiseerror
raise err

Thank You

John Nelson

Message edited by John Nelson1 on 9/7/2016 - 5:19 PM

Hi.
thank you for your purchase. You are on windows 10 ? I haven't seen any problems with 3.1 so far so will have to debug a little with you.
YES WINDOWS 10
Please completely remove the ExtensionPack_3v2 Folder by deleting or renaming and replace ti with a new fresh copy straight fromt he supplied zip file.

It looks to me like there might be a file in one of the folders that does not belong there which is why it is aborting.
However I cannot seem to reproduce this so it might haev been something that has been introduced on your side.

It would also be helpful to move any other custom shaders and tools out of your script directory just to make sure it is not a conflict.

Jens

You got it working ?