Topic - ETEREA Weight Tools 1.6 • Updated June 2014

Page 1 of 2 12NextLast
Update June 12, 2014 • Version 1.6

— This is a “maintenance” update just to include a new version of “Apptastic_MirrorWeights” tools, created by Clef. Previous version could cause some conflict with other plugins and this new version fix that problem.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi guys,

this is a small palette with presets and quick access to some operations related with Weights (both for Edge/Subd Weights and Regular Weight Maps).

CREDITS

Third part scripts included on this package:

• selectHardEdges.pl, edgeweight_grabApply.pl and vertexColor_edgeNormals.pl by Seneca Menard

• selectByWeight.py by Richard Rodriguez aka gm770

• invertWeightMap.lxm by William Vaughan

• Apptastic_MirrorWeights by Clef

NOTE: I hope not to annoy any third part scripter by including your script with this package. It's only to give an easier solution to users, in a form of a complete kit. If you don't like this idea, just drop me a note and I will remove your script form here. No problem at all :-)

Icons*, LXM macros and palette design by Cristóbal Vila aka Etérea.
(*) Except mirror-weight icons, by Matt Cox

INSTALLATION

>>> Download Eterea Weight Tools 1.6 <<< Compatible with Modo 701 and up.

>>> Download Eterea Weight Tools 1.2 <<< Compatible with Modo 601

• Expand and translate the “eterea_weightTools” folder inside Modo Scripts.

• You will find a red button in your top bar to launch a popover or floating palette.

• Alternately you can load this same content as a Pop-Over using a keymap (I use SHIFT-M). You can do this through Form Editor, just look for ETEREA Weight Tools > RMB > Assign to Key…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETEREA MODO RESOURCES · You will find there all my shared tools and kits, with information in English and Spanish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

Message edited by Cristobal Vila on 6/26/2014 - 4:30 AM

Really cool! Thanks! :)
This looks awesome. I'm subscribing to this thread.
Awesome !!!!
Thanks a lot!

http://mymodo.ru
http://modostore.com

Cristóbal, your palettes are always so well thought out, thank you very much !

-
http://pascalnocquet.com
http://modology.fr - Modo Forum in French
Twitter : @modofr

Thanks for your words, guys!
Glad you liked it :-)

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
tks a lot ! another great eterea tools in my config directory :)

www.sipon.fr

Than you very much Christobal! Another great tools compilation. Thanx for sharing.

Windows 8 Profesional | 64GB RAM | AMD card | portfolio: www.behance.net/tomerk | twitter: TLechocinski

You are welcome, Sipon and Tomasz.
Thanks for your comments :-)

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
QUICK FIX for 701 compatibility (icon to appear on toolbar) I will update this tool on the next days, adding some other minor changes. In the mean time, open eterea_weightTools > index.cfg with a text/code editor:

Search for this:

<hash type="InCategory" key="ModoModesToolbar:sheet#tail">

change to this:

<hash type="InCategory" key="modoModesTail#tail">

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Your entire toolset is awesome. Thanks for putting them all together!
Nicely done!
Would it be possible to create a similar palette for Vertex Color control in MODO?
That would be a thing of greatness~

Message edited by chadchat on 4/13/2013 - 2:12 PM

Quote from chadchat :
Would it be possible to create a similar palette for Vertex Color control in MODO?

Maybe… I don't know…

In any case “Vertex Color” is something that I never use. And since, first of all, I build these tools for my own use, don't expect that I create that thing in the short term :-/

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Ah, my mistake. I didn't mean 'would you make it for me', rather 'could a similar thing be done'?

Message edited by chadchat on 10/27/2015 - 5:03 AM

@Chadchat: you could start here: http://www.toroman.de/modo/tutorials/creating-a-kit-precision-scale/
Update April 20, 2013 • Version 102

— Includes plugin by Clef to mirror weights (previous version included a script by Matt Cox)
— Update button to Open Weight Paint Tools both for 601 & 701
— You will find the form inside a new “ETEREA Group” in the Form Editor (the yellow folders)
— You will see the Kit Version in Menu System > Kit Toggle Enable

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
This invert Weight script might be a nice addition to this toolset:
http://www.pushingpoints.com/?p=2072
I'm not having luck getting Reset Weight to 0 to work in 701 on PC. Can someone give it a go and see if it's working?

Thanks
William: thanks for the tip about that “InvertWeight” script. I will incorporate ASAP (really busy, these days…)

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have checked it on my Mac+Modo701SP1, and it works fine for me, both resetting “standard weight maps” and “ edge weight maps”.

This button calls a simple macro, recorded using standard Modo operations:

#LXMacro#
tool.set vertMap.setWeight on
tool.attr vertMap.setWeight weight 0.0
tool.setAttr vertMap.setWeight weight 0.0
tool.noChange
tool.doApply
tool.set vertMap.setWeight off 0

What I would try is to move your main CFG to desktop (to return to factory settings), start Modo again and try that button.

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Quote from Eterea :
William: thanks for the tip about that “InvertWeight” script. I will incorporate ASAP (really busy, these days…)

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have checked it on my Mac+Modo701SP1, and it works fine for me, both resetting “standard weight maps” and “ edge weight maps”.

This button calls a simple macro, recorded using standard Modo operations:

#LXMacro#
tool.set vertMap.setWeight on
tool.attr vertMap.setWeight weight 0.0
tool.setAttr vertMap.setWeight weight 0.0
tool.noChange
tool.doApply
tool.set vertMap.setWeight off 0

What I would try is to move your main CFG to desktop (to return to factory settings), start Modo again and try that button.

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

must be a windows issue... cleared out config and still no go. I can see that the macro runs... but nothing happens. It appears to be the only item in the tools that doesnt work for me.

Try to open your Vertex Map > Weight Tool and be sure that “Additive” is not enabled. Then use again the button.

My macro doesn't take care of that (because I usually have Additive disabled).

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Quote from Eterea :
Try to open your Vertex Map > Weight Tool and be sure that “Additive” is not enabled. Then use again the button.

My macro doesn't take care of that (because I usually have Additive disabled).

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

As soon as I get home from work I'll give it a go.... thanks for the suggestion
Thank you so much for this tool, it is extremely helpful.
Just noticed one thing: the mirror commands don't show up when running modo on Linux. I have noticed that the Apptastic_MirrorWeights folder only contains references for mac and windows. Is there any way to fix that?
Page 1 of 2 12NextLast