Topic - ETEREA Item Custom Display Presets 1.5 • Updated December 2013

Update December 23, 2013 • Version 1.5

— Icons are defined using the new 'Icons Grid' structure introduced with Modo 701. This means a better file management: Modo does not import a lot of small PNG files, one for each icon. There are just 2 'grid image' files now, one for medium icons (20 pixels) and one for large icons (32 pixels).

— I provide an alternate old version, compatible with Modo 601, but I won't update this, sorry.

— Included two buttons to change transparency of wires ('Normal' and 'Strong')

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is another small utility I created some time ago.

I usually change my “Draw Options” for some items, specially when I'm modeling and I hate all these extra needed steps:

— Go to Display tab
— Add Draw Options
— Wireframe > User
— Wireframe Color > Define a Color
— Oopps! I don't like that wire color
— Repeat again
— …

You know: I like to work FAST ;-)

For that reason I created this time-saver:

You can quickly change to some preset colors both for Wireframe or Fill.
You can access to the color wheel too, if these presets are not enough.
And then you can change the Draw Style from Default to any other option (wire, vmap, solid…)
And of course you can remove both the Wire/Fill colors and the Draw Style.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Download Eterea Item Custom Display 1.5 <<< Compatible with Modo 701 and up

>>> Download Eterea Item Custom Display 1.2 <<< Compatible with Modo 601

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION AND USE:

1. Download, expand the ZIP file and translate the “eterea_itemCustomDisplay” folder to your Modo Scripts folder.

2. Open Modo.

3. Go to Menu System > Input Editor:

Context > (contextless)
Edit Mode > Viewports
Viewport > Item List (Full Mode)
View Mode > Mouse and Keyboard
Remember to check the “Show Unmapped Keys” and “Show Global Keys”

4. Look for your preferred combo. I have choosen Mouse > Alt-Right Click

5. If you like that option, then press (new assignment) > Item name

6. Paste this Command: attr.formPopover {49782551304:sheet}

7. Close the Input Editor.

8. Create a cube, go to Item List and ALT-RMB over name to choose the new options. You have Tooltips when over the icons.

9. Enjoy :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETEREA MODO RESOURCES · You will find there all my shared tools and kits, with information in English and Spanish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

Message edited by Cristobal Vila on 6/26/2014 - 4:31 AM

Nice work batman !
Really fantastic and quick
Thanks guys! :-)

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

Message edited by Cristobal Vila on 10/22/2012 - 2:11 AM

Works great. Thank you.
Update April 20, 2013 • Version 102

— You will find the form inside a new “ETEREA Group” in the Form Editor (the yellow folders)
— You will see the Kit Version in Menu System > Kit Toggle Enable

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Great work!

Message edited by radi0n on 4/20/2013 - 8:28 AM

— Icons are defined using the new 'Icons Grid' structure introduced with Modo 701. This means a better file management: Modo does not import a lot of small PNG files, one for each icon. There are just 2 'grid image' files now, one for medium icons (20 pixels) and one for large icons (32 pixels).

— I provide an alternate old version, compatible with Modo 601, but I won't update this, sorry.

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com
Quote from Cristobal Vila :

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com

Are the links flipped in the original post? The 701 link goes to a file with 'for601' appended.
Quote from Phil :

Are the links flipped in the original post? The 701 link goes to a file with 'for601' appended.

Fixed. Thanks Phil :-)

Cristóbal Vila
etereaestudios.com